Monday, August 21, 2006

asylum calling?

deep in the heart of the night
what's tomorrow gonna bring us?
up again before we know it
groundhog day
all over again
radio's playin' "i got you babe"
but there's no snow on the ground
and
it's ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY F****NG DEGREES OUTSIDE!!!!
at 9am
"cornflakes dada????"
as that song that was playin' in my head
vanishes
into thin air

what's tomorrow gonna bring us?
one step closer to...
germany?
snow capped mountains?
edelweiss and leiderhausen?
i'm looking forward to the swiss alps
i'm gonna face my fear of heights
i'm gonna enjoy the view at the top of the world
to the toppermost of the poppermost fellas!!
dizzying heights without passing out
i promise...

it was a schizophrenic weekend
started TERRIBLY
ended WONDERFULLY
a perfect encapsulation of life
the cosmic rollercoaster
the big up 'n' down
i experienced the full spectrum of human emotion this weekend
dada robot
ran the gamut
believe me
and it helped me even write a couple of songs
shook the robot bear from his slumber
what a nice sunday we had
i was in the here and now
it felt good
read a lot of books with G
watered our dying plants
took it easy
had a nice sushi dinner with r.r.
he's been helping me with my record
then we did some recording
and i gotta say the song we worked on sounds
FANTASTIC
and i can't wait for you to hear it
at dinner r.r. and i discussed the possibility of this record being
a double album
why not?
3 of my favorite records of all-time are doubles
(you guess 'em and win a prize...)
tonight i'm entertaining the thought
why not?
i certainly have the songs
i'm definitely crazy enough
but speaking of crazy
all i need to do is take on something that ambitious
to push me over the edge
once and for all
kiss
the last remnants of my sanity
goodbye
for me the sweet asylum could be
only a double album away...

3 Comments:

Blogger . said...

1. The White Album
2. The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society
3. London Calling

Am I right? am I right?

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're already crazy (and as such, in good company!), so do the double album!! :o)

Lisa

4:23 PM  
Blogger Centuryhouse said...

I was thinking The Beatles "White Album", Kinks "Everybody Wants to Be In Show Biz", and...?

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home