Saturday, August 26, 2006

lazing on a sunny afternoon

having a nice peaceful saturday afternoon
putting records on the i-tunes
for the trip
beatles white album (of course!!)
neil finn (try whistling this) a GREAT record
go buy it!!!!
or read about it here:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:3m8o1vs1zzza
you am i (hourly daily) another great record from down under
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:x7lvadoku8w4
track #1 is my flying song
every take off and landing
makes me feel calm for some reason

i'm a little sad
re-visiting all these great records
i haven't had time to listen to them in ages
i'm looking forward to the long flight
with a pair of headphones
some time to listen again
like when i was a kid
that's one of the things i miss
due to the hectic pace
of adulthood

sorta at the granada last night
beautiful
i'm proud of my friends
trey carter holt balis ward trey c.
what a great band
what a great crowd too
made me feel proud of you dallas
i hope in a few weeks i can help spread the word
on how great the music scene here is

muellah's party at barley was a lot of fun
thanks everyone up front for the sha-la la-la's on '78
and handclaps on "she'd walk a mile"
you made it special for me
you also did a better job than me getting all the words right!

some more stories brewing for you soon
don't worry
i had some funny flashbacks last night talking to J at 3am
they jogged that rusty old memory of mine

gotta get back to the lazy afternoon now!

1 Comments:

Blogger Centuryhouse said...

Yeah, the hectic pace of adulthood. I miss putting the headphones on and just immersing myself into an album. I can't remember the last time I got to do that other than with my own stuff when I'm recording it.

Good luck on the trip!

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home