Sunday, August 26, 2007

number 9 dream

in the heart of a grand old theater
looking out from the front of the stage
a feeling kinda like being strapped to the front
of the titanic
but it didn't feel strange like it used to
it felt good
and safe
i strummed my guitar
and sang out
to a crowd of smiling
singing
even dancing people
all my friends were there
and they helped me sing
"don't be afraid, don't be afraid..."
the first time an audience had ever taken over
one of my songs
and carried it away
with joy in their hearts
a moment i will never forget
grace
and fred
lisa and lee
jake jayson kyle amber
debbie muellah beth camille
and so many more
especially jayme
over 500 people came through the doors of the granada
friday night
to celebrate music
our music
rahim
johnny lloyd
chris and the slack
levi, dragon, jesse and daniel all put on great shows
all my friends
all great musicians and people
it was a joy to play again with lefler
tj
dufilho
deshazo
and to sing with my old friend paul averitt
possibly the most poignant moment for me

hunter hauk went to bat for this show
getting me on the cover of quick
writing a superb article in the dallas morning news
thursday was dream surreal
a metroplex press blitz for old SN
i didn't think it could get any better
but it did...
friday night
the granada theater
the best show of my life
it took 16 years
number 679
so many memories blurred into the background
countless gigs
songs sung
chords strummed
but this is one
i will never forget
i've never felt so loved
i've never felt so appreciated
it was the night of a lifetime

thank you for helping make it happen

i love you all


s

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We're always here to remind you..."


We love you too, Salim.


Lisa

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a joy to witness such a wonderful evening! It will probably be on of my favorite music memories of all time. Certainly, the best show I've ever seen by Salim.
The Slack was good too.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are still aglow three days after the show. It was so much fun and great to see the support from Dallas. The evening ended way to early, but the memories will live on!

Michael

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was an amazing show. The new CD is incredible! It has not left my CD player since I got it! Have a great trip.
Sia

11:36 AM  
Blogger Camille said...

SALIM.
i'm not afraid!
i'm happy you exist, i'm happy that you write.
xo
camille

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home