Thursday, July 24, 2008

the waiting

i crashed holt's weekly barley show earlier tonight
we rolled through a 5 of my "oldies"
with eric neal on bass
"so down"
"the world is full of people"
"montreal"
"1978"
"don't be afraid"
and then 2 that i'd never played with chris or eric before
"be here now"
and "in the blink of an eye"
eric had never even heard either of them
i thought he did a commendable job following us
no wonder he was up for best instrumentalist with chris
they're both major talents
it was a lot of fun for me
and at least 100 times more fun the my saturday night show
it felt good to break that streak
i hadn't played barley since jayme's birthday
in february
i think i'm going to go back up there on sunday
to play again
because i want to wish a good friend of mine
a happy birthday

i was planning on staying out until at least 2 tonight
once my friends the bonner brothers ducked out
it was time for me to go too
so here i am now
type typing away
it's only 1
i don't feel like sleeping right now
i'm feeling restless again
maybe because jayme meets with the doctors tomorrow
to decide when her operation is going to be
and go over the plan
we're still kind of in a daze about it
i'm not sure it's hit me yet
i can assure you though
if it were me going under the knife i'd be in the fetal position somewhere
trying to sort out my feelings
i admire her strength
she's actually not only my wife
but a hero of mine too
hospitals are scary
operations too
we all hope to avoid them
i guess eventually
we all have to spend time there
i'm hoping for the best tonight
please send jayme some of your good luck thoughts
this could end up being a really minor thing
or a big deal
that's why it's so weird right now
we just don't know anything yet
we're in the dark
waiting
and hoping for the best
i guess that's the way life is most of the time
right?

3 Comments:

Blogger Ron said...

I'm sending my best wishes to Jayme. Good luck to the both of you, and indeed Gavin too, as this obviously also affects him.
With all my love and hope,
Ron

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't have the 12 for Be Here Now, did you? Too bad.

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I'm in there with you guys, praying and hoping as intensely as I can. :love:


Lisa

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home