Saturday, July 29, 2006

austin bound

feeling really good this morning
even though i was up too late
3am
so keyed up i had trouble sleeping too
austin bound today
playing jovita's tonight
gonna go see lisa and lee
and yeadon
i miss them all so much
can't wait to hang out
looking forward to blowing town
i needed to get out even if only for a day
it's gonna be nice to have another night "off"
sunday i get to work some more on my record
so all this = a nice weekend of music for me
last night with the church was special
amazing
beautiful
they played 2 hours and 45 minutes
couldn't believe it
i don't think i've ever played that long
don't know if i'd have it in me
kilbey was so kind and gracious all night
i got a nice feeling
it was important to me
i'll carry last night with me for a very long time
seeing musicians like that
still doing it after all these years outta love
with style and class
something to aspire to
you should of been there
maybe you were?
anyway it was the most fun i've had at a show in a very long time
see you in austin tonight
it's gonna be good!!!
i promise

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last night's show was absolutely amazing. I can't really even wrap my head around the experience..... hearing "Easy" from the new lp was most definitely a highlight. What a thrill that brand spankin new music can still invoke such glee! (glee?) but the true sucker punch was "Just For You". I've waited how many lifetimes to experience that song live.....SWOON!

The night was crowned with the perfect jewel of seeing you there too, my dearie! Seriously and quite sincerely, it's always a pleasure, and always will be. So many moons later......

Always,
Joanna

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home