Friday, October 20, 2006

a message from our sponsor

i’m playing bend studio tonight
with my friends
chris holt
and johnny lloyd rollins
been listening all week to jlr’s new cd
it’s fantastic
presley meets macca
he plays at 8
you shouldn't miss it
all ages
bring your own booze
no smoking
tranquil cool environment to enjoy acoustic music
the best in texas for that

the myspace event invite has been stifling me this week
“invite friend by location” feature broken
i refuse to spam 2300 people from all over the world
to come to bend studio dallas
so i guess this will be show number 2
played without the help of the self-promotion monster jesus robot doll
by the way
a pet peeve of mine
myspace bands who spam for "friends"
it's out of control
it's lame
pathetic and desperate
i've got 6 pages of friend requests ranging from
hair metal bands to funky experimental (my favorite genre)
i'm sure you do too!

blogger is responding like grannies' computer this morning
i don’t have the time nor patience for it
so this is going to have to be a quickie
i'm gonna have some vanilla coffee now
and work on my new song
maybe see you tonight at the show?

2 Comments:

Blogger Centuryhouse said...

I feel the same way about all of the bands spamming on myspace. I pretty much automatically delete all invites from musicians unless they 1) send me a message along with it, or 2) are someone I actually know and like.

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that someone else is finding that the "invite" function is broken. I've been messaging Myspace customer service for over two weeks about that now. I refuse to spam 16,000 friends all over the world for one show in L.A. What the fuck is wrong with these people at Myspace?

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home