Saturday, August 23, 2008

coming down is the hardest part

i don't know what happened to me after lasts night's gig
but i had one of the most comedically fitful nights
of sleeplessness
ever
maybe it was all the adrenalin still pumping
maybe it was my allergies running and running
maybe it was my minding speeding down narrow lanes
and winding mountainous roads
maybe it was my son crowding me onto 3 inches of bed
all in all i got about 2 hours
today i was a wreck
but i soldiered on
over 10 hours in the studio
i gotta pay those constellation bills
i'm chipping away bit by bit
and we had fun despite a very tired me

last night all of my friends were there
most of you included
everyone helped make it a smashing success
and i'm thankful for each and every one of you
we captured it on film
my favorite part was the percussion explosion at the end
we're gonna wrestle with it now
and try to make it into something watchable
sn and the noise were plagued by an array of bizarre
and uncommon errors
during our set
but more than one enthusiastic soul
told me it was their favorite show
we'd ever done
so i'll go with that
not my own penchant for cruel
and negative self analysis

there's so much more to write
but i can barely keep my one good eye open
i think i have to call it a day
and hit the hay
more later
i promise...

love

s

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Jane said...

bummed we missed it man. Love to you and fam.

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"is it our egos?
is it the drama?
is it just more interesting to us to hear a nasty little story
than a nice one?
i've tried to understand my whole life
why?
why do we bully
and pick on the weak?"

That's a good question for you to ask yourself, don't you think?

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, it is a good question...that's why i asked it!!! if you're inferring that i've picked on the weak then you're delusional anonymous. also, it's more than kinda weird you're making a comment now on a post this old.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home