Wednesday, August 20, 2008

constellation

a fixed group of stars
an assembly of great splendour
a fixed pattern of individual elements functioning in a related way


my record is finished
i can barely contain the feeling of euphoria
i feel really good about it right now
and completely satisfied that i took the right road
and not the wrong one
i'm thinking of calling it "constellation"
that happens to be the name of the street i was raised on
back in el paso
i always felt like some sort of alien there
almost like i was from another planet
dropped off by my spaceship somehow
or
beamed down an abandoned by captain
kirk
to escape that desolate place
i'd traversing the galaxy
through music
i'd travel the universe through thought
it was my escape hatch
and my saviour
so yeah
somehow
"constellation" seems fitting to me
i've had the idea to call this record that for awhile now
but i don't know for sure yet
i gotta get some input from my producer
the other night i played the record
for the very first time
to people
other than G and J
first the cut-off came over and listened
then grace showed up
it made me feel really good
to see the smiles on all of their faces
after each song ended
and coyote head's comment
"i'd buy this in a heartbeat!!"
made me feel even better
i rehearsed afterwards with the noise
for our big DVD filming show this friday
at sons of hermann
it felt really good to play with the band again
we've only played about 5 or 6 times this year
i guess we should keep on this route
'cause the band has never sounded better
we dusted off about 16 tunes
some that we hadn't done in months
like "overwhelmed" "snowing in my heart" and
"the wicked are winning"
i'm really looking forward to friday
and finally documenting this thing we've been
doing for the past couple of years
it'll be nice to have something to watch
when we're old and gray
and reminiscing
about the "good old days"

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Jane said...

YAY! How exciting Salim!

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

would it be possible to reserve my copy now? kinda of like a pre-sale.....i guess.

looking forward to it!

michael

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As always, my teeth are chattering in anticipation of a new SN album. Can I listen to it soon? In any case, see you this evening at the show.

KLK

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home